Posts Tagged ‘Happiness’
I’ve made a memo to turn off technology… right after this blog… and a few emails… and a the website(s) updates… and a couple of text messages that need sending… then I should probably tweet that I’m ‘going dark’… You know, it seems like it’s easier to be bombarded, than choose happy and quiet sanctuary.
There are so many reasons that people have for being unhappy: guilt, obligation, judgment, seriousness, poor sense of worth, wishful thinking…
You can make different choices:
- Cut gossip & sarcasm out of your life
- Honor what makes your hear sing. Ex. Love writing? Start a journal…
- Take the first steps in learning how to be happy
“Fake it until you make it,” was a statement made in this call. Explored were concepts of sincerity, congruence, self-deception, responsibility, communication, being false, belief systems, external & internal pressures…
Barbara’s homework: Create a personal prayer to honor the abundance present in your life and do it for 30 days. Evaluate your ‘happiness quotient’ before & after.
- An exercise by Martin Seligman: For 10 days write down 3 positive things that happened in your day AND why they happened.
- Laugh: rent a movie, read a funny book, have fun with friends…
The physical chemical level has to be acknowledged as well. Finding the right avenues for you is the key in creating & maintaining happiness. It is that Personal Journey that allows Life to feel like an Adventure instead of a series of right or wrong choices.Click here for the wallinder.ca blog on the call.
Click here to buy this audio for $7.